Services Provided to Mackay
IDEAL Placements Mackay can assist in the following programs.
Reasonable and necessary supports are funded by the NDIS in a range of areas, which may include education, employment, social participation, independence, living arrangements and health and well being.
Ticket to Work
Ticket to Work prepares young people for the world of work and provides them with an open employment pathway in their transition from school through a combination of vocational/career development and early contact with work environments.
Transition to Work
Transition to Work providers deliver high quality services to employers to ensure young people meet their needs and are supported to settle into a job. For instance, providers will ensure participants receive pre-employment skills development that is directly relevant to needs of employers and local labour market conditions.
Disability Employment Services
Assistance with training new job seekers/employers. On-the-job training takes place in a normal working situation, using the actual tools, equipment, documents or materials that employees will use when fully trained. The job coordinator can come into the workplace before the Participant commences to learn the required roles and tasks to assist with employee training.
IDEAL Placements Training
The purpose of this program is to link participants and other existing training programs that will improve the capacity to achieve sustainable employment outcomes.
What's in it for Employers?
We deliver no cost, tailored recruitment and comprehensive workplace services including after placement support for both the employee and employer.
If you are looking for staff, IDEAL Placements can find you work ready job seekers matched to your requirements – fast!
For many years IDEAL Placements only provided employment services for people with disability but now we provide much more.
Our experienced team works across the Mackay/Whitsunday region and can help you navigate each participant placement including on the job support or extra training when needed.
Our workforce is generally made up of local people, who don’t come with relocation expenses and are very keen to work. Many of our placements have held jobs for many years and have been a great asset to their employers.
If you are interested in exploring this further, give us a call on (07) 4957 8177.
About Back to Work
Back to Work gives Queensland employers the confidence to take on someone new and the opportunity to grow their business.
Back to Work Regional Employment Package
The Queensland Government’s $305 million Back to Work – Regional Employment Package (Back to Work) is designed to give businesses the confidence to employ eligible jobseeker. Payments of up to $20,000 are available for businesses that employ eligible jobseekers.
Employer Support, Youth Boost and Mature Aged Worker Boost payments are available to employers who meet all the program eligibility criteria.
Employer Support payments of up to $15,000 are available for employers who hire an eligible jobseeker between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2020.
Tips for preparing your Resume
The resume is a tool with one specific purpose: to win an interview.
If it gets you a phone call or an interview, it works. If it doesn’t, it isn’t an effective resume.
It convinces the employer that you have what it takes to be successful in this new position or career.
OK, now that you have a job interview, you need to give yourself the best chance and make a good impression to ensure you get that job!
- Come prepared
- Research the company
- Arrive early – approx 10 minutes
- Exhibit enthusiasm
- Appear friendly and outgoing
- Be self-confident
- Come prepared for key questions
- Establish your worth
- Do not waffle
- Provide Examples
- Don’t be arrogant
- Be Positive
We are a Not for Profit, Community Based, Employment Service Provider
- CEOEMPLOYMENT SERVICES MANAGEROFFICE COORDINATORMelissa has over 25 years experienced as an Administrator ,Trainer and Manager gained through the Public and Private Sectors. Melissa is fully committed to providing the highest possible standards of customer service and support. Melissa has completed a Diploma in Management, Cert IV in Business Administration, Training and Assessment & Frontline Management. Melissa has a strong passion for helping people achieve their goals whatever that may be.Quality Assurance OfficerSue's role ensures all activities that IP undertake meet the compliance standards in which we work. That includes quality management and business systems. Sue is also responsible for sourcing the funding programs that allow IP to deliver the different programs that we do to our participants.Customer Service OfficerRichard possesses extensive experience in assisting participants in gaining employment and providing ongoing support. Richard has been with IDEAL Placements for 10 years commencing as receptionist trainee progressing to working in administration, job coordinator and now is our Customer Service Officer.
- Administration AssistantAfter graduating grade 12 in 2018, Jaylee has been working at IDEAL Placements for the last 3 years. Having completed her Certificate III in Business Administration as an Administration Trainee at IDEAL Placements, Jaylee is utilising her new found knowledge. Jaylee is aiming to pursue her goals whilst fulfilling her new role. Jaylee has a keen interest in NRL, and is a proud player of the Souths Women's team.Audit/Claims OfficerTonie works with young people so they can achieve their employment and education goals. Tonie started with IDEAL in August of 2016 and now oversees the team of Youth Coordinators in the Transition to Work Program.NDIS ADMINISTRATION OFFICERLan joined IDEAL in 2018 after seven years of being self-employed. Lan works within the NDIS team and has a background of Maritime Economics with a Certificate III in Business. Lan is a part of the ongoing multi-cultural community in Mackay.Job CoordinatorRay has worked in the Disability Employment Sector for eight years, building relationships with employers and supporting participants to find employment. Ray has experience in a broad range of programs when not supporting participants in Mackay is out in the western region on behalf of IDEAL Placements.Job CoordinatorLeanne has been with IDEAL for nine years and has provided valuable encouragement and support to participants in finding sustainable employment. Leanne finds her work very rewarding and believes that there is a job out there for everyone. Leanne has witnessed how gaining employment has changed participant’s lives, their attitude towards life and improved confidence. Leanne's background has mainly been retail, mining and hospitality and building employer relationships.
- JOB COORDINATORScott has had over 25 years’ experience in large retail operation. He is enthusiastic about supporting people to find the right job for them, And believes everyone should be given the opportunity to have employment. He also has a passion for music and sport which includes Rugby Union and Cricket.JOB COORDINATORTrinity has been working in the Employment Services Industry for the past 4 years and has vast industry background and knowledge. She has a strong passion for helping people achieve their employment and education goals and to pass on knowledge and skills where she can. Trinity loves sport specifically NRL which she works casually for and being surrounded by family which brought her back to Mackay. Trinity is also passionate about food and travel and has been given the opportunity in life to experience a multitude of cultures and traditions on her travels.JOB COORDINATORJacqui has worked in a variety of industries over the years. She has completed Certificate III – Office Business Administration, Certificate IV – Bookkeeping, Certificate III – Micro Business Operations. Jacqui has had the opportunity of running a business with buying and selling used cars. Jacqui has just started with IDEAL Placements as a Trainee and is looking forward to helping people reach their employment goals. Jacqui is looking forward to beginning her career as a Job Coordinator. Jacqui also enjoys music, movies, spending time with family and friends, camping, and enjoying life.YOUTH COORDINATORTyrone has spent the last 3 years working in the Youth Industry, his previous experience was being a personal trainer and running a gym. Tyrone is looking to continue gaining and excelling his knowledge and to do his part in instilling inspiration and confidence to the youth within the community. Tyrone also loves all kinds of sports, outdoor activities and long walks on the beach by the sunset with his canine friend Boston.YOUTH COORDINATORJackie works with young people so they can achieve their employment and education goals. Jackie has extensive knowledge and experience in working within the childcare industry, which has led her to her current role as a Youth Co-ordinator . Jackie is enthusiastic about supporting people to find the right job for them and believes that everyone should be given the opportunity to have employment and also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge. Jackie also enjoys music, movies and spending time with family.
- YOUTH COORDINATORKurt has a vast interest and passion in working within the Youth Industry, wanting to further his knowledge and to do his part in helping youth reach their full potential and achieving their career goals. Kurt Joined the IDEAL Placements team and is currently completing an Employment Services Traineeship. Kurt’s interests include Rugby League which is what brought him here to Mackay. Kurt also enjoys Touch, Oztag and admiring sunsets.YOUTH COORDINATORLauren is one of our new TtW Youth Coordinator Trainee’s. Lauren joined our team at the start of 2021 and is working towards completing her Certificate IV in Employment Services & Certificate IV in Career Development. Lauren has a passion for helping youth reach their full potential and making sure they can reach their goals. Lauren’s interest includes cooking and eating food and spending time with friends and family.YOUTH COORDINATORI have been an assistant nurse for the past three years; however, I have found a new passion for guiding youth to seek their true potential. I thrive on supporting and furthering the skills of young people & helping them to pursue their goals.TRAINERVivien joined IDEAL Placements in August 2018 as part of the Trainers team in Business and Hospitality. She comes with a Diploma of Hospitality Management and Cert IV in Small Business Management along with over 20 years of industry experience in hospitality management and training and an active local community volunteer.Trainer
- TrainerSince leaving full time work, I have supported mentally and physically impaired adults in learning new skills and contributed to improving their quality of life. My objective is to continue this work using my skills developed over many years in different areas of my life. I am passionate about keeping people safe and as a member of the QPS, as a Volunteer in Policing, I run “Stay Safe” sessions in the community. I have many interests including reading, interior design/renovating houses, family and friends, chess, trivial pursuit and in particular training in Karate that keeps me both mentally and physically fit.NDIS Support WorkerHi everyone my name is Leanne. I'm a qualified butcher by trade and I was the manager for the IGA in Sarina for 7 years. I then worked at at Woolworths both in the meat department and at the front end at check outs . I also worked out at Beaconsfield at the special school for about a year. I loved working with people that just needed that little bit of extra help. I moved closer to where I currently live in Sarina and worked in the special needs unit at the high school. Such beautiful young people there! My husband and I love to hook up the van and go to the beach. There I love to collect shells and drift wood, fishing and crabbing.NDIS Support Worker