Services Provided to Bowen
IDEAL Placements Bowen can assist in the following programs.
Ticket to Work
Ticket to Work prepares young people for the world of work and provides them with an open employment pathway in their transition from school through a combination of vocational/career development and early contact with work environments.
Transition to Work
Transition to Work providers deliver high quality services to employers to ensure young people meet their needs and are supported to settle into a job. For instance, providers will ensure participants receive pre-employment skills development that is directly relevant to needs of employers and local labour market conditions.
Disability Employment Services
Assistance with training new job seekers/employers. On-the-job training takes place in a normal working situation, using the actual tools, equipment, documents or materials that employees will use when fully trained. The job coordinator can come into the workplace before the Participant commences to learn the required roles and tasks to assist with employee training.
IDEAL Placements Training
The purpose of this program is to link participants and other existing training programs that will improve the capacity to achieve sustainable employment outcomes.
What's in it for Employers?
We deliver no cost, tailored recruitment and comprehensive workplace services including after placement support for both the employee and employer.
If you are looking for staff, IDEAL Placements can find you work ready job seekers matched to your requirements – fast!
For many years IDEAL Placements only provided employment services for people with disability but now we provide much more.
Our experienced team works across the Mackay/Whitsunday region and can help you navigate each participant placement including on the job support or extra training when needed.
Our workforce is generally made up of local people, who don’t come with relocation expenses and are very keen to work. Many of our placements have held jobs for many years and have been a great asset to their employers.
If you are interested in exploring this further, give us a call on (07) 4957 8177.
About Back to Work
Back to Work gives Queensland employers the confidence to take on someone new and the opportunity to grow their business.
Back to Work Regional Employment Package
The Queensland Government’s $305 million Back to Work – Regional Employment Package (Back to Work) is designed to give businesses the confidence to employ eligible jobseeker. Payments of up to $20,000 are available for businesses that employ eligible jobseekers.
Employer Support, Youth Boost and Mature Aged Worker Boost payments are available to employers who meet all the program eligibility criteria.
Employer Support payments of up to $15,000 are available for employers who hire an eligible jobseeker between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2020.
Tips for preparing your Resume
The resume is a tool with one specific purpose: to win an interview.
If it gets you a phone call or an interview, it works. If it doesn’t, it isn’t an effective resume.
It convinces the employer that you have what it takes to be successful in this new position or career.
OK, now that you have a job interview, you need to give yourself the best chance and make a good impression to ensure you get that job!
- Come prepared
- Research the company
- Arrive early – approx 10 minutes
- Exhibit enthusiasm
- Appear friendly and outgoing
- Be self-confident
- Come prepared for key questions
- Establish your worth
- Do not waffle
- Provide Examples
- Don’t be arrogant
- Be Positive
We are a Not for Profit, Community Based, Employment Service Provider
- CEOEMPLOYMENT SERVICES MANAGEROFFICE COORDINATORMelissa has over 25 years experienced as an Administrator ,Trainer and Manager gained through the Public and Private Sectors. Melissa is fully committed to providing the highest possible standards of customer service and support. Melissa has completed a Diploma in Management, Cert IV in Business Administration, Training and Assessment & Frontline Management. Melissa has a strong passion for helping people achieve their goals whatever that may be.ADMINISTRATION TRAINEEClaire Johnston has graduated high school in 2018, and now is currently a member of IDEAL Placements since 2021. Claire is currently completing a Cert ΙΙΙ in Business Administration traineeship. Claire is excited to start her new role and completing her certificate while broadening her skills and knowledge further for her future. Claire has a passion for servicing customers and providing them a positive experience. Claire has 5 years’ experience in retail and customer service and 2 years’ experience as a supervisor for a local restaurant, and is ready to use these skills to provide the best in Customer Service. Claire lives in Bowen but travel’s between Cannonvale, Proserpine, and Bowen offices. Claire is a proud South Sea Islander with a large family, with this, was always active growing up playing a wide range of sport with her family such as footy, touch and capture the flag just to name a few. A fun fact also, Claire was born on the side of the road in the back of an ambulance, and has three piggies who she love’s dearly; Tyrone, Teddy and Derek.JOB COORDINATOR
- NDIS Support WorkerHi my name is Lariesha, also know as Risha. My heritage is South Sea Islander, i was born and grew up in Queens Beach Bowen, where I was privileged to have the ocean at our doorstep. Growing up in Bowen has given me a good knowledge of the area and local families in our community. I enjoy caring for the others and pride myself to the South Sea Islander motto, "Respecting the past" "Enjoying the present" "Looking to the future." I am very family orientated and have a huge family in Bowen, who love to get gather for family gatherings at the local Park. My trade is fully qualified hairdresser and trainer, so I am a people person and enjoy meeting new people and learning of different cultures and counties which I have had the opportunity to travel abroad. I love to help people, and Where possible I enjoy reaching my goals and enjoy helping and caring for others achieve their goals. My hobbies are singing at church, hairdressing, horses and traveling to different places.