Services Provided to Airlie Beach
IDEAL Placements Airlie Beach can assist in the following programs.
Reasonable and necessary supports are funded by the NDIS in a range of areas, which may include education, employment, social participation, independence, living arrangements and health and well being.
Ticket to Work
Ticket to Work prepares young people for the world of work and provides them with an open employment pathway in their transition from school through a combination of vocational/career development and early contact with work environments.
Transition to Work
Transition to Work providers deliver high quality services to employers to ensure young people meet their needs and are supported to settle into a job. For instance, providers will ensure participants receive pre-employment skills development that is directly relevant to needs of employers and local labour market conditions.
Disability Employment Services
Assistance with training new job seekers/employers. On-the-job training takes place in a normal working situation, using the actual tools, equipment, documents or materials that employees will use when fully trained. The job coordinator can come into the workplace before the Participant commences to learn the required roles and tasks to assist with employee training.
IDEAL Placements Training
The purpose of this program is to link participants and other existing training programs that will improve the capacity to achieve sustainable employment outcomes.
What's in it for Employers?
We deliver no cost, tailored recruitment and comprehensive workplace services including after placement support for both the employee and employer.
If you are looking for staff, IDEAL Placements can find you work ready job seekers matched to your requirements – fast!
For many years IDEAL Placements only provided employment services for people with disability but now we provide much more.
Our experienced team works across the Mackay/Whitsunday region and can help you navigate each participant placement including on the job support or extra training when needed.
Our workforce is generally made up of local people, who don’t come with relocation expenses and are very keen to work. Many of our placements have held jobs for many years and have been a great asset to their employers.
If you are interested in exploring this further, give us a call on (07) 4957 8177.
About Back to Work
Back to Work gives Queensland employers the confidence to take on someone new and the opportunity to grow their business.
Back to Work Regional Employment Package
The Queensland Government’s $305 million Back to Work – Regional Employment Package (Back to Work) is designed to give businesses the confidence to employ eligible jobseeker. Payments of up to $20,000 are available for businesses that employ eligible jobseekers.
Employer Support, Youth Boost and Mature Aged Worker Boost payments are available to employers who meet all the program eligibility criteria.
Employer Support payments of up to $15,000 are available for employers who hire an eligible jobseeker between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2020.
Tips for preparing your Resume
The resume is a tool with one specific purpose: to win an interview.
If it gets you a phone call or an interview, it works. If it doesn’t, it isn’t an effective resume.
It convinces the employer that you have what it takes to be successful in this new position or career.
OK, now that you have a job interview, you need to give yourself the best chance and make a good impression to ensure you get that job!
- Come prepared
- Research the company
- Arrive early – approx 10 minutes
- Exhibit enthusiasm
- Appear friendly and outgoing
- Be self-confident
- Come prepared for key questions
- Establish your worth
- Do not waffle
- Provide Examples
- Don’t be arrogant
- Be Positive
We are a Not for Profit, Community Based, Employment Service Provider
Airlie Beach Staff
- EMPLOYMENT SERVICES TEAM LEADERLauren is experienced in working in Community Services as a Support Worker and a Recruitment Specialist in the Bowen region in addition to a long standing career in Graphic Design, Lauren is excited to be a part of the TtW team as a Youth Coordinator and brings her industry knowledge and personal experience as a mother of a blended family of five children to assist our clients to achieve their goals.Job CoordinatorShannon has a back ground as a trainer and Assessor in the mines and also in high volume sales. Shannon goes above and beyond with her participants and also has sound knowledge of both TTW Youth Program and DES Disability Program. Shannon will go far with anything she sets her mind to as that is just her personality.Youth CoordinatorNDIS Support WorkerI like to do gardening, play Words with Friends and Candy Crush, and Sleep. Caramel Tart, Chocolate and Coca Cola. I consider myself to be a kind, caring and compassionate person. I like to help people. My work experience is quite varied. I was a Support Worker with HCC. I delivered meals to participants, assisted with domestic duties, and helped with Respite Care. I worked as a Medical Receptionist at the Dysart Medical Centre. I was a Supervisor at K&D IGA. Sadly, the store closed due to the down turn. I have spent many years working for the Education Department as a Classroom Teacher Aid, in both Primary and High School. I have also worked in both school libraries.NDIS Support WorkerTo make a difference! I have a colorful personality, kind but determine nature. Mission statement… To inspire others to believe in themselves, overcome fears and remind them “ if something that your doing doesn’t challenge you, then it doesn’t change you”.
- NDIS Support WorkerHi my name is Linda my background is in Special Ed and also for many years I helped organise festivals for disabled and terminally ill children I love cooking art and craft and love doing hair and makeup I am great at housework and love walks in the forest I also love fishing and chatting about life but basically I just love caring for and looking after people and animals and making them feel comfortable and happyNDIS Support WorkerNDIS Support WorkerHi, my name is Kylea I would describe myself as talkative, friendly and fun. I get along well with everyone and enjoy working with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds. My goal is to ensure all my clients are happy, supported and achieving their goals. I have completed Certificate III in Community Services and Certificate III in Education Support. I have experience as a special needs Teacher Aide in both primary and secondary education. I am also a carer at a respite group for parents of children with disability. I have 15 years previous experience in retail management so my work has always been people focused. About me I was raised on an acreage riding motorbikes. I grew up around showbiz as my mum ran a dance school for 30 years. I love musicals as well as all genres of music old and new. I enjoy seeing live music, bands or live shows. I enjoy craft, sewing and creating. I like making things. I enjoy dining out and all different types of cuisine. I love to travel and see new places. I jumped off the worlds highest cliff jump in New Zealand so I like trying things out of the box. I love photography. I love reading and movies. I enjoy watching motor sport and have attended the Gold Coast 600 many times. My passion is the ocean and all things in it. I have been a Padi licensed diver since 1996. I regularly visit the Great Barrier Reef. I have dived with sharks in the wild and in captivity. I have recently taken up fishing which has been so much fun. I currently attend water aerobics, pilates and yoga. I am very involved with my children's activities - AFL Football, Singing, Junior Lifeguards and Scuba Diving. I enjoy attending local community events and getting out and about.NDIS Support WorkerI would describe me as being a very positive, friendly, easy going kind of person. I love to meet new people and have a good chat. I like to talk about almost anything! I try to be helpful and understanding and love to see people happy and achieve their goals. Sometimes I can be a bit of a dreamer and imagine all kinds of awesome things that I could do in the future. I am working hard to achieve these dreams and will never stop. I have a very curious personality and love learning about new interesting things. I often google interesting topics I would like to know about and watch documentaries. I often enjoy going down to the beach for a swim and exploring walking trails. I am always trying to find other ways to entertain myself and spend time with loved ones. Somethings I do is attend community events, concerts and festivals which is always fun. I like to browse the shops and sometimes like to go to the markets. I am always open and interested in trying new things to do locally. Sometimes a creative mind helps to find new interesting things to do in a small town like Bowen, but we are never bored. I really love living in Bowen and the people are amazing.